YOU EAGERLY SEEK A CHANGE IN SOME AREA OF YOUR LIFE
But struggle to actually make that change LAST. Maybe because you’re feeling a bit lost at the moment and need some kind of direction. Maybe you’re trying to change the way you feel. As if it’s constantly pulling you away from the person you want to be. Preventing you to do the things you really want to do. What it exactly is you’re struggling with doesn’t really matter at this point, what matters is that you want to DO something about it. That’s what brought you here, isn’t it?
You don’t want to settle for how things are. Not anymore.
Past (failed) attempts are however making you believe you might not be able to tackle this challenge just by yourself (JUST YET). You might have tried before, full of enthusiasm, but your energy usually wears off. Your motivation doesn’t seem to last so you keep returning to those same old, comfortable and safe routines. Your comfort zone.
But in order to grow you need to commit to that change of direction that is in the back of your mind. So the question you need to ask yourself is, are you willing to make that kind of commitment?
Is a life coach something for me?
If you're ready to look what things lurk around the corner then yes, finding a life coach that is a good fit to you would be the next step. Generally speaking, if you’re looking for a life coach you’re looking to grow. You’re hungry to resolve an ongoing issue. This could be lack of confidence, feeling overwhelmed with life, struggling with anxiety or generally taking the next step for your career and yourself. Bottom line is, you want to tackle your issue so that things are different and stay different going forwards.
A life coach is there for you and is typically someone who:
- makes you feel able and confident enough to step outside your comfort zone such that you’re able to overcome your fears and start to enjoy life; not be afraid to do things on your own.
- a sounding board that will try to unravel your story and help make your thoughts and mind a bit clearer
- helps you begin to see and become more self-aware of your amazing potential and resources within you (yes, it’s really there!)
- leaves you with an action plan after every session; something practical to take away and use to actively make a difference in your life
- encourages, holds you accountable and regularly follows-up on your goals. If you want to do something tomorrow you’re going to do it tomorrow.
- questions whether your motivation, your desire to do something, is true to yourself and therefore never runs out
- doesn’t fall for the lame excuses or stories you keep telling yourself which are currently holding you back
SO, WHO'S THIS "LIFE COACH''?
The Habit Coach is a local life coach business based in Pembrokeshire and set-up by Nick: a qualified life coach, trained ACT therapist and accredited NLP Practitioner. Nick also holds a Master degree in Consumer Studies, where he specialised in decision making and behavioural design.
What makes Nick stand out to most other life coaches, counselors or therapists out there is his hands-on experience in nudging people in the direction they want to move towards. As a coasteering instructor, he persuaded young and old to jump of 30ft cliffs. As an applied behavioural therapist, he helped carry out fun and positive interventions for young individuals with learning and/or behavioural such they could do more with their life. Nowadays, he uses this practical experience as a coach and ACT therapist to make sure his clients are following up the things that are important to them such that they move towards the person they want to be.